Mushroom Study

Blog Post 1

For this week I wanted to start quite simple and gather my thoughts surrounding my theme of natural patterns and cycles. I wrote down some of my ideas and thoughts about my theme just to have a foundation for my creative practice. I also did a drawing of numerous mushrooms as a simple start to my theme. I love mushrooms and have always been intrigued by the many types of patterns that mushrooms have. I chose to stick to graphite and have a simple drawing since it was in my comfort zone. I was a bit anxious about starting this assignment and having others view my work so I stuck to something I was comfortable with. While writing and drawing I became less anxious, once I was finished I wanted to push myself a bit more. Drawing relaxed me and reminded me to not be afraid of creating. I hope to be a bit more ambitious for next weeks post, moving out of my comfort zone a bit. 




Comments