Random Creations
Blog 2
This week was quite overwhelming with schoolwork so my roommate and I had a painting night. We listened to some music while we painted and talked about many random things. I wanted to paint something that would soothe me and make me happy. I have always loved the flowing pattern of petals on the lavender flower and the floral patterns that form on bushes filled with flowers. Using these two ideas I created a painting focusing on the petal patterns on flowers inspired by lavender and created a floral pattern that would coexist with the lavender. Purple is my favorite color and I enjoy floral pieces so making this painting allowed me to distress. I wasn't putting too much pressure on myself about the technique or making the piece perfect. Afterwards I felt quite happy and much more relaxed.
I also found this mushroom growing in front of my apartment. I love mushrooms and always stop to take pictures of any I find but I was particularly drawn to it because of its pattern. The repetitive form and pattern it displayed was very interesting to me. It instantly made me happy when I saw it. It almost made me want to change my theme to mushrooms but I do not want to limit myself to a particular subject matter. Next week I want to focus strictly on a natural pattern and not so much the subject matter it is attached to. Last week I studied mushrooms patterns and this week I was inspired by petal patterns but I want to zoom in on something and strictly paint the pattern, perhaps fish scales.


Comments
Post a Comment