Strawberry Grouper

 Blog 3

For this week I was really interested in focusing on the natural pattern of an animal. I knew I did not want to do something expected like the pattern of a zebra or a cheetah. When scrolling through the various photos of patterns on animals I stumbled upon the strawberry grouper. I was instantly drawn to the bright warm color of the fish with the cool colored spots sprinkled across its body. I was intrigued by the contrast between the cool colored spot pattern on the red fish. I decided to use watercolor paints and colored pencils with sharpie for this piece. I dont usually use watercolor paints but wanted to use something more flowing and soft. 

This week was a bit of a roller coaster for me, the beginning was a bit stressful but I got better as the week progressed. Since I was having a a difficult week I chose to paint since it helps me relax and distress. I was listening to music from some of my favorite artists while painting and I completely forgot about all my responsibilities (in a good way). I just focused on my art and did not think about all my school work or personal struggles. I really enjoyed creating my art for this weeks blog.



Comments