Insect Study

 Blog 5 

I really enjoyed making the mushroom study and wanted to create one about insects. I did some quick pencil drawings of a moth, ladybug, bee and dragonfly. Many insects, especially the ones I chose, have very interesting and recognizable patterns. After completing the quick sketches I want to do a more detail drawing of all the insects for next weeks blog post. I feel like having a detailed insect piece would be very fun and combine two of my favorite pieces I have created so far, the strawberry groupers and the mushroom study. 

This week started off stressful with my projects but became a bit less exhausting. When creating this drawing I remained quite calm and just focused on what I was drawing. It reminded me of the exercise we did with Amy, it was quite meditating and calming to just think about what I was creating. I have an exam this week that I am nervous about but after making the drawing I felt less worried. Its almost like a weight was lifted after completing the drawing. 



Comments