Seashells

 Blog 4

This week has been a bit stressful with numerous projects being due around the same time. At first my blog post felt like another assignment I had to fit into my already cramped schedule but as I started drawing my feelings changed. Seashells have always reminded me of Key West and going to the beaches with my family. The seashells remind me of family but also the symmetric patterns are always so interesting. While drawing and coloring I felt a bit relaxed, suddenly my stress and worries were not at the forefront. I decided to make a pattern design out of the seashells since the repetition is therapeutic and was something interesting to do that I haven't done for the blog yet. The pattern and drawings of the seashells are quite simplistic since I wanted to make a piece that was relaxing and wouldn't add to my stress. Next week I want to make another pattern design but make it more detailed and have a more dynamic composition.



Comments