Animal Print

 Blog  9

This week I decided to go back to drawing since I have been doing quite a bit of photography lately. With the Thanksgiving break I have been extremely relaxed but it has made me forget school is still not over. As soon as I realized I had two final papers, two projects and an exam coming up in the next two weeks I became overwhelmed. I decided to make a print on the back of my writing journal to relax myself and return to the calm state I was at before thinking about school. 

I decided to go with a classic natural pattern, a leopard inspired print. When looking at reference photos I realized the spots on a leopard are a bunch of random blob like shapes. I used the reference photo as a guide but began trailing off making my own interpretation of the leopard pattern. I used sharpie for the black rims and color pencils for the color of the spots. It was quite therapeutic and calming making all the little spots. I was listening to the new Miley Cyrus and Bad Bunny albums which lifted my spirits. 




Comments